Ableton + BomeBox

I am looking to figure out how to program and setup my BomeBox to receive and translate midi signal over the wireless network from Ableton to an ONYX lighting console. We are looking to be able to fire various cues within a lighting playlist.

Hi and welcome to the forum!

As far as I can tell the Onyx consoles have MIDI DIN ports so you should be able to route Ableton out the BomeBox Network port (using Bome Network) on your PC or Mac, and then use that as an input port from your computer on BomeBox. Then you set up a MIDI route within BomeBox to send to attached lighting console (MIDI DIN) output port on your lighting console.

Ableton Live should see the MIDI port with the name of your BomeBox and the BomeBox internal routing will ensure the data gets to the MIDI DIN port.

For firing cues, you might need Bome MIDI Translator on your lighting console to translate MIDI note messages (from Ableton Live) to the MIDI cue messages you need.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

I appreciate the quick reply. So I don’t think I will be able to put Bome MIDI translator on the physical console but can certainly try. I will give it a shot!

Bome MIDI Translator can be loaded on either a PC or Mac with the attached Ableton Live software running, or you can upload and use the Bome MIDI Translator Project file on BomeBox.

The standard is to develop the project file on a PC or Mac for development and testing and then upload to BomeBox for production.

When developing, you connect your console to BomeBox DIN and have a MIDI thru route from your PC to your console. You assign aliases in the project file on your PC and then when uploading the project file to BomeBox, re-assign the aliases to the BomeBox (production) environment.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz