Ableton - Lightkey, Propresenter, loopback

Hi, we are using Ableton to control by midi Propresenter, Lightkey, and itself by Loopmidi app.
With Lightkey mac pc we communicate by Bome Network Pro.
With Propresenter we have to use another app named Rtpmidi, because Propresenter receive control signals on all channels and if we use bome then midi commands to Lightkey control also Propresenter (it receives cmd on all channels).
If we want send cmd from ableton back to ableton - for example jump to another locator or stop playback we need to use Loopmidi app - we don’t see this function in Bome Network Pro.
How we can do all of this with Bome?

Hi Zbynek and welcome!

Bome Network Pro cannot filter on MIDI channel, however if you route all of your MIDI through Bome MIDI Translator Pro and then use virtual ports back out to each of your applications it should work. You can also instead of using Bome Virtual MIDI ports, just use your existing LoopMIDI ports.

With Bome MIDI Translator Pro, you can set up translators to filter out channels you don’t want to use or you can do all kinds of complex MIDI translations. Consider Bome MIDI Translator Pro as a “man in the middle” or “MIDI Traffic manager”.

You can download the free trial version and check it out. It is fully functional but will only run 20 minutes at a time. If it works for you, then you can decide to purchase the full version that has no time-out.

Also Bome Network Pro has an add-on feature called “unlimited virtual ports” that allows you to set up your own named ports and complex port (but not channel) routing. This could essentially replace LoopMIDI. Unlike LoopMIDI, it established to “endpoints” for each virtual port and you can route any endpoint to any other endpoint.

I believe Unlimited Virtual Ports is still in Beta so is not on the web shop but you can request a copy through the contact me web form here.

I hope you are enjoying virtual NAMM (AKA BelieveinMusic)!

Regards,

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

On Bome webpage, I see Bome Network 1.3.2 BETA and it is possible to download.
Does this beta version solve some of our problems too?

You can try but I’m not sure the Beta has unlimited virtual ports. If not, you will need to request via the contact form.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz