Ableton script combined with BMT

Hi All,

Im thinking to buy Control Surface Studio for an easy ledmapping, “one track control”…etc.
I use BMT mainly for sending Keystrokes and more complex translations.

So i would like to use one device with a script by ControlSurfaceStudio and BMT at the same time.
So can share a device layout? Half CCS script half Bmt?

Hi,

You should be able to do it, however if you are on Windows, you cannot share MIDI ports, so you may need to have have the Ableton Script you create with Control Surface Studio set up to talk to a Bome Virtual Port instead of the actual controller. You can set up MIDI thru paths in MT Pro for things you want directly controlled by the script and then use MT Pro to do the translation for things you want to use keystroke for.

I hope this helps.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Hi Steve,

Good news, so looks like i can do it. So need to buy BMT and Control Surface Studio as well :slight_smile:

Yes, I would recommend you.

1. Set up Control Surface Studio Script to do what you want without MT Pro
  2. Add MT Pro and create MIDI thru paths with the script you created. Have the script access the MT Pro ports instead. Test it that way to make sure your script still works correctly.
  3. Add translators in MT Pro to convert MIDI to keystrokes in things you do not want or cannot be controlled with the script.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz