Arturia Beatstep for Davinci Resolve with Windows

The Beatstep does work with Davinchi Resolve perfect together and also the Akai APC 40. This is demonstrated for OSx in various Videos.

I am a Windows user and ask if someone have done initial steps for Windows with the beatstep and DaVinchi Resolve. I need a litte first step guide and mabee some code that is written to get in.

Beatstep demo for OSx

Hi,

Unlike Mac, Windows cannot share MIDI ports. So you will need to use the MIDI Router or translators in MT Pro to tie your Beatstep and your APC 40 to route to and from a Virtual Port and then in Davinci Resolve, instead of making a MIDI connection directly to each device, connect them to the Virtual Port you are using

BeatStep -> Bome MIDI Translator Pro - Bome Virtual MIDI Port 1 (BMT 1) -> Resolve

APC 40 ---------------^

From Davinci Resolve standpoint it sees both controllers simply as BMT 1

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

This devices work in Resolve because they are fully custom mapped by the user. controllermate or bome
And the mappjng always depend om screenresolution.
Resolve doesnt accept any midi. by default.

You need nidi to nouse click actions and mouse scrollweel actions based on your screen coordinates.
There is not a easy one box solution. For Mac you can buy a ready to use controllermate setup for beatstep and apc40 if you google it

I know all this way for macOS but i use a Windows PC. And here i did Not find a solution.

Basics are in this Video i did find.

Is someone going a way and have basics code?
Maybe helps to do the Work together.

Hi,

Check this thread in which I showed a user how to map a knob to keystrokes for color correction. The example here was for Premiere Pro, however the technique would be the same but just using different outgoing keystrokes.

As pointed out, due to different screen resolutions and the ability to move the controls around on the screen without Bome MT Pro awareness, doing things with outgoing mouse actions can be more challenging since there is no guarantee that the controls you click on are in the correct location. There are other examples if you search the forum. I think there may be some good examples for Caputer One as well. Again the same principles would apply.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

1 Like

@stevec @tocandaniela in this video you can see that the stop key is renamed ALT and works as a shift … enable a second row of pads … then double the functions … how do you enable this function ?? thanks

They probably reporgrammed the button from an MMC Stop command to a note gate (momentary) command. When the button is pressed the note fires and MT Pro can interpret that as a preset change. When the button is released a note-off command gets sent and MT Pro can interpret that to go back to the original preset. Each preset is set with translators to send it’s own notes on the same note in from the pads of the Arturia Beatstep.

Default Programming for Stop

arturia-stop-MMC

Modified Program with a note
Arturia-note-gate

Of course, the note number you choose for that button should not conflict with any other notes that you may be using.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

@stevec I didn’t succeed

I set as you wrote to me but nothing changes.
the stop key always rests

MIDI IN [Arturia BeatStep]: FC
MIDI IN [Arturia BeatStep]: 90 01 7F
MIDI IN [Arturia BeatStep]: 80 01 00

and if I hold it down, the pads don’t change, they always give me the same note

MIDI IN [Arturia BeatStep]: 99 36 4E
MIDI IN [Arturia BeatStep]: 89 36 00
IN 1.0 MIDI 89 36 00
OUT 1.0 Physical Keys: Space : keystroke suppressed (main window active)

Hi,
I don’t think you understand.
Setting that button to a note is just a way to change it so it sends a different value when pushed and released so you can use it as a shift.

You still need to program what preset changes you want to do in MT Pro and set up translators for each of the presets. The Arturia will send the same values, but your preset and translators can translate those values into something else to go to your application allowing for multiple layers.

See this tutorial.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Hi,

The below sample should help. I’ve set up my Stop key as a shift on Note 0 MIDI CH1
When you press it (note-on) it enables the second preset (Shift Enabled).
When you release it (note-off) it disables the second preset (Shift Enabled)

I have a MIDI thru path so that when the second preset is disabled, all MIDI message pass through untouched (except FC stop Sequence and Aftertouch which I am suppressing also in the first preset. You can re-enable those translators if you still want these messages to get through.

The translators for note-on and note-off in preset 1 have rules to send one octave higher pp=pp+12
when enabled and swallow set so that the original MIDI message is suppressed.

Arturia-Shift-Example-2020-12-22.bmtp (2.2 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

thank youuuuuuuuuuuuu

i test !!!

OK, let us know.