Bomes Midi Translator is asking about virtual ports every time i open it

As mentioned in the title, Bomes is giving a dialogue box re the virtual port assignments every time I open it. Everything is working fine and I’m sure I’ve ticked or pressed something I shouldn’t have, I just can’t figure what it is. I can live with it, but I’d REALLY like to know what caused it

Best Regards

Dave

You probably have some ports checked that you are not using. This is typical when you (or someone else) sets up a number of aliases and instead of using them, you use the real port.

When prompted to assign the port at startup , there is a drop down box for each alias assignment.
If you select “(no assignment)” it will always ask so just select “(none - don’t ask again)” and you should no longer be prompted at startup for that given port. You may have to do this for every port you are prompted for.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Hi Steve

Thanks for the VERY prompt reply. So i did what you suggested and said “none- dont ask again” for what is my FCB1010 input (The alias is FCB1010 the actual input is UMC1820), then the Alias in the input list got set to pending. I seem to have solved it by then deleting that Alias and creating a new one exactly the same.

Best Regards

Dave

Glad you got it solved. Yes since I run so many other peoples projects, I tend to get alias garbage collection so periodically go to the settings menu and delete (reset) all aliases. Then I get prompted one time on opening my next project and the alias garbage collection starts again.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz