Conditional CC Values

Hey. I am trying to wrap my head around Bome’s capabilities. I’ve started using it for a number of CC to Keyboard shortcut translations, and it has worked brilliantly. But now I have a new challenge that I don’t quite yet understand how to approach:

I have an Icon Platform M+. I want the knobs to be dual-functional. So when I press down and rotate, I get a new CC value. Unfortunately the Plaform M+ only sends a CC value of 0 or 127 for a CC when a knob is pressed and released. So I want Bome to do a modifier.

Knob 1 normal: CC16
Knob 1 pressed/released: CC80 = 127/0

Goal: When CC80 = 127, then I want it to swallow CC16 numerical values due to knob rotation and send out CC31 values instead.

Hope this makes sense. I don’t quite understand the variables yet and how this would work. I think I would need to remove the Platform M+ as a device in Reaper and instead just allow the Bome translator output to serve that need, right? But as for the translation itself, that is where I am struggling the most.

Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan, and welcome to the Bome Forum!

Please find the example below. I used instead Note-On Note 0 value 127 for the modifier (pressed) and Note-Off Note 0 value 0 for released.

When you press, the preset “Pressed Down” is activated and My CC which I use CC1 for testing sends out the CC16 knob value when turned.

When you release , the preset "Released: us activated which sends a CC 31 with the knob value.

CC Modifier.bmtp (1.9 KB)

I hope this helps get you started.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz
1 Like

Thank you so much Steve! I will see how this works. At first glance, this looks like exactly what I need to get me started.