I have problems in connecting a Midicon2 midi controller via BomeBox and router to DMX software on a PC.
Steps I have made:
- I have installed the free tool Bome Network 1.2.1 on the PC
- after powering on BomeBox it immediatly recognizes Midicon2 and PC on the network
- via the tool Bome Network 1.2.1 + the BomeBox configuration the PC is connected to the BomeBox
- in the routing of the BomeBox, the routes between Midicon2, BomeBox and PC are auto-configured
Problem I encounter:
- The Midicon2 is not recognized as MIDI device by the DMX software on the PC.
What does work:
- When I make a direct utp connection from the BomeBox to my laptop (W10)
- the Midicon2 is connected via USB to the BomeBox
- -> The DMX software on my laptop recognizes the Midicon2 as MIDI device!
- Why is the Midicon2 not visible as MIDI port on my PC when connecting the BomeBox via a router?
- Is the free tool Bome Network 1.2.1 limited for only direct connections and should I buy a pro license?
- How can I see if a MIDI port is available on my PC?
- Midicon2 (connected via USB cable to BomeBox)
- BomeBox (connected via CAT5 utp cable to network router)
- network router
- Windows10 PC with DMX software (connected via CAT5 utp cable to network router)
- DMX dongle (connected via USB cable to PC)