Control Velocity of a note using a MIDI CC

hi!
i’m interested in this as well, would it be possible to have control over the fixed velocity value with a midi CC message?

Hi, and welcome back!
I moved this to a new thread. Please find the attached example.
The first translator handles setting a new velocity value in the global variable ga
The second translator accepts a note-on at any velocity and then outputs the velocity that was stored in global variable ga.
I put a MIDI through path so that any other message pass through untouched. In this case this is also true with note-off messages since I don’t have a translator for that. Typically note-off message velocity doesn’t matter (most of the time). If it does, another translators would need to be added.

Note-Velocity-Controlled-by-CC.bmtp (1.3 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Hey Steve thank you I will try it very soon!
I didn’t know that the message could pass between the translators using Rules.
Screenshot 2022-12-04 at 23.25.25

Only global variables will be accessible by multiple translators.
Since qq is a local variable I have to move it to ga which is a global variable.
To learn more about how variable work, press F1 while in MT Pro to look at the manual.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Thank you for the great support, I mainly use the Bomebox to do SYSEX/CC conversion, so I never needed that global variable feature, but I’m very happy to discover it, it opens up a lot o possibilities. Best,