Einfache Frage (Easy question) Channel Translation

Hallo,
ich beschäftige mich gerade intensiv mit dem Translator und meiner BomeBox und habe folgendes elementares Problem:

Ziel:
Ich möchte einen eingehenden Midikanal auf einen anderen Kanal ausgehend mappen. Heisst, Keyboard sendet auf Kanal 3, der Empfänger empfängt auf Kanal 5.

Ausgangslage:
Der Sender hängt am DIN Eingang der BomeBox, der Empfänger am DIN Ausgang.
Das senden von Mididaten funktioniert aufgrund des Routings in der Box einwandfrei.

Ich habe nun einen einfaches note on/noetoff preset erstellt, was channel 3 auf 5 mappen soll.
Als Ein und Ausgang im gesamten Projekt ist die BomeBox eingestellt.
Ohne Mapping funktioniert es prima.

Nur das Mapping greift nicht. Was mache ich falsch? Ich befürchte ich hab das Thema mit den in und out assignements noch nicht richtig verstanden…

Gruß

Kharl

Aim:
I would like to map an incoming midi channel to another outgoing channel. This means that the keyboard sends on channel 3, the receiver receives on channel 5.

Starting position:
The transmitter is attached to the DIN input of the BomeBox, the receiver to the DIN output.
The sending of midi data works perfectly due to the routing in the box.

I have now created a simple note on / noetoff preset, which should map channel 3 to 5.
The BomeBox is set as the input and output in the entire project.
It works fine without mapping.

Only the mapping does not work. What am I doing wrong? I’m afraid I haven’t understood the in and out assignments correctly yet …

greeting

Blockquote

Hi, BomeBox by itself will do static MIDI routing but not translation itself. You will need to use Bome MIDI Translator Pro with the necessary translators and then upload the project file to BomeBox for execution.

The attached project file should do what you want. Please do not edit the file if you do not have Bome MIDI Translator Pro as it is a signed project file. Editing the file in the trial version of Bome MIDI Translator Pro will disable the signature and it will no longer work on BomeBox.

I set up the aliases for ‘Source Device’ and ‘Destination Device’ which you would point to your MIDI DIN ports after uploading to BomeBox.

All other MIDI channel messages for this path will pass through untouched. Only MIDI CH3 is translated to MIDI CH 5.

CH3-to-CH5.bmtp (1.2 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Hallo Steve,

ich habe Translator und möchte damit auch sehr viel arbeiten.
Als ich das Produkt evaluiert habe, hatte ich schon die Befürchtung, dass ich mich sehr tief in die Midi Materie technisch einarbeiten muss, was ich eigentlich nicht vor hatte. Mit Sysex etc. hatte ich bislang nichts zu tun. Ich bin primär Musiker …
Ich steuere mein gesamtes Setup, 3 Keyboards, E Drum, Licht, Beamer etc. über Midi und plane insgesamt 3 Bome Boxen einzusetzen, möchte aber die Setups über einfache Funktionen beherrschen und das eher auf Userebene erledigen.

Wie auch immer, man wäschst mit seinen Aufgaben …:slight_smile:
Also sehe ich das richtig:
Ich erstelle mit dem Translator ein Mapping auf dem Rechner im Netz und führe dieses dann auf der Bomebox aus, dann sollte das Mapping laufen?

Beste Grüße sendet Kharl

Translated Message using Google Translate

Blockquote
I have a translator and I want to work with it a lot.
When I evaluated the product, I was afraid that I would have to work very deeply into the midi matter technically, which I actually hadn’t planned. So far I have had nothing to do with Sysex etc. I am primarily a musician …
I control my entire setup, 3 keyboards, e drum, light, projector etc. via midi and plan to use a total of 3 bome boxes, but I want to master the setups using simple functions and do it more at user level.

Anyway, you wash with your chores …: slight_smile:
So I see it correctly:
I create a mapping on the computer in the network with the translator and then run it on the Bomebox, then should the mapping run?

Best regards from Kharl

Yes, develop the project using Bome MIDI Translator Pro. Use aliases so that when you move the project to BomeBox, it is just a matter of reassigning the aliases when running on BomeBox. BomeBox will not handle outgoing keystrokes, or mouse actions or incoming mouse triggers however.

If it gets too involved for you, I can handle simple questions here on the forum for free or paid services outside of the forum for more complex issues (as an independent consultant).

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz