Even more Nord C1 controlling and Legend EXP with a Bome Box

I now have 43 translator lines which are all working properly.
Prior to adding the LEGEND EXP, I had always used an Ocean Beach DB-1 to control the drawbars.
Works well, is the correct size and fits well in the corner the C1 under my Nord Stage.
The DB-1 outputs the 9 drawbars on channels 10 thu 18 using CC number 00 - 70 and 7F
The Nord C1 outputs drawbars on channels 16 thru 24 using 00 thru 7F
So, I can use the C1 electronic drawbars ( with LED indicators working ) to control the EXP thru the Bome Box. The DB-1 drawbars work just fine, but they no longer control the LEDs on the C1.
I am using the DB-!'s midi merge feature, and I suspect that my problem is the receive channel for the drawbars in the C1 ( which I do not have ).
Any ideas greatly appreciated.
Finally subject to the approval of the admin of the forum, I will post my MTP file for use by others.

Peter.

Hi, could so are you doing this?

DB1 → Nord C1 → BomeBox → EXP

If not, how do you have the MIDI Chain?

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

The DB-1 has two sets of ins and outs - the aux can be a midimerger if you power the DB1 with a Battery.

DB1 Aux Out to C1 IN
DB1 AUX IN TO CI OUT
DB1 MAIN OUT TO DOME BOX MIDI IN
BOME BOX MIDI OUT TO EXP IN

Everything works as it should ( including the DB1 affecting the drawbars, BUT the LED indicators do not change when the drawbars move - but the sound of course does as expected.
Thinking I will send a note to SWEDEN and get the Nord nerds to tell me about the LEDs

OK there is no translation between DB1 Aux Out and C1 in which accepts different CCs and channels than the DB1 sends.

Somehow you will need to put translators on BomeBox between the DB1 and the C1 so that the C1 knows what to display. Right now you have translators that convert C1 to EXP and C1 to DB1 but not DB1 to C1. If you end up having two devices looping back into BomeBox, make sure you watch for MIDI loops. You may need to get a separate merge Box or a DIN to USB interface so the MT Pro can rout traffic appropriately from each device.

So I assume you want the following paths but I’m not sure it is possible with the hardware you have

DB1 → Translator → C1 ; Drawbar display update from DB1
DB1 → Translator → EXP ; Control EXP sound module from DB1
C1 → Translator → EXP ; Control EXP sound module from C1
EXP → Translator → C1 ; Drawbar display update from EXP

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Hmm it looks like the DB1 can send Nord C1 Drawbar information so maybe best to let that do it’s thing and not have anything looping back through the DB1

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Quick update as I move across the Finish Line.
I have now added a Midi Solutions Merger into the rig.
Everything now works as it should.
Almost 50 translations, and I have learned a few things about the Legend EXP box I am translating into.

BIG thank you to Steve and Florian for your support on this project !

Hi @peterbeacock

Awesome! We are happy to help!

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care