K55 Pro - ICUE - Bome Midi Translator

Hi,

I have a weird problem with my keyboard, the K55 Pro.

I use the ICUE software to remap the keys to a different keystroke (in my case, for example, F13) and use a software called Bome Midi Translator to translate the keystroke to a midi message.

In my example I use the key down press and release to trigger the midi message on/off.

Now the problem starts when I hold down the keystroke (F13) and press any other key on the keyboard:

In this case, ICUE sends another F13 alongside the other key that I press, which is not what is expected.

Anyone knows if it’s normal or any ways on how to fix it?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Mauro.

Well first of all Bome MIDI Translator WILL NOT suppress the original keystroke so it will still go through although, you will also see the MIDI message.

It is possible that holding F13 down creates a key repeat that could be causing the issue. I’d have to look at your project file to tell anything more.
Are you using F13 on your computer to do something? If so, what?

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Hey Steve,
Thanks a lot for your kind reply!
I investigated a bit more and my keyboard doesn’t have NKRO, which basically means that it cannot keep the F13 Key while pressing another key.
The thing is that when I press another key it just repeats the key down keystroke, so I probably just need to create a variable that register the state of F13 to solve the double trigger.
I will let you know if it solved it, maybe it could be useful to other people!
Mauro.

This is basically how I did it, maybe it’s really simple but it’s my first build so for me it’s already a lot!

Key Down F13:
if ga==0 then exit rules, skip Outgoing Action
ga=0

Key UP F13:
ga=1

maybe there was a more elegant way to do that :sweat_smile: