MIDI Piano Keyboard Infinite Input

Hi,

I’m having an issue when I select my Yamaha YPG-235 MIDI Keyboard as an input in Bome where it will receive an infinitely-scrolling input “F8”. I haven’t touched any keys, only just turned it on. Any idea on what’s going on?

Hi,

F8 is timing clock coming from your keyboard and doesn’t hurt anything but can certainly fill up the log window. If there is a way you can look at your keyboard manual and turn it off (unless your other devices use external MIDI clock), that would be the best solution.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Almost all my devices use external MIDI clock, but they are external to my DAW’s transport, not the keyboard. Would it still be wise to turn it off (if possible)?

You should only be sending clock from one source so, if something else is sending timing clock then yest turn it off on your keyboard.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

If this is an arranger, you might be able to stop the clock by just pressing stop on your keyboard. If it doesn’t have a stop key, I’m not sure what you would need to do except research more in the user manual for the keyboard.

Ok I turned “external clock” from off to on, that did the trick!