Midi Translator Hangs on Startup on Mac Mini Running High Sierra

When I first attempt to start Midi Translator after starting up my Mac Mini which, is running High Sierra (10.13), the splash screen is displayed and then the program hangs. I have to force kill it. After force killing it, I’m able to start Midi Translator OK. It’s interesting that the first time I start it up, the project I last had open was not shown in the MIDI translator window behind the splash screen. After force killing the application and restarting it, it then opened my last project. Any idea what might be causing the program to hang when first starting up?

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

This is the first time we hear such a problem on High Sierra, however another customer had a similar issue and found this workaround:

I discovered that if I unplug and then re-connect any piece of USB midi gear connected to the computer MT would start as normal.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Just to make sure: MT Pro is fully qualified on macOS 10.13 High Sierra. We have had 3 reports so far that MT Pro will freeze on different versions of macOS, but we have not been able to reproduce it here.

We’ve just released version 1.9.1 which should fix this issue: