Midi translator pro 1680 to ProTools

Hi,

Could you capture in the log what your vs1680 is sending and then annotate it?

Since when you press the button it goes through different messages, do you want the non record/arm messages to be suppressed or do you and to send record arm to Pro Tools for ever press?

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Thank you for your answer I would like to send record arm to Protools for ever press and vice versa.
this is the log what my vs 1680 is sending :
32: MIDI IN [Studio 1824c MIDI In]: B0 03 00
33: MIDI IN [Studio 1824c MIDI In]: B0 03 60
34: MIDI IN [Studio 1824c MIDI In]: B0 03 40
Thank you again.
Marcello Gabriels.

Thank you.

Also Here is the file I use with correct good HUI and recordings buttons.

HUI MARCELLO GABRIELS RECORDINGS BUTTONS.bmtp (1.5 KB)
Thank you again.
Have a good day Steve Caldwell.
Marcello Gabriels.

The project file you posted only has HUI Ping in it and nothing else.
Also, I see you have not changed your vs1680 to send SysEX. With that said I made an attempt with CC 3 which is attached. If this does not work, I will need you to make a video recording on what is happening in Pro Tools, your vs1680 and the log of MT Pro. Since I do not have either Pro Tools or a vs1680, the best I can do is educated guess based on documentation and this is taking way to much time for free support.

VS-1680-Protools-Rec-Arm.bmtp (6.6 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Thank you Steve Caldwell.
Marcello Gabriels.

Thank you.

Good afternoon steve caldwell
it is Marcello Gabriels.
About the paid consulting for my VS roland 1680 to Protools 2022.12 and viceversa for
the RECORDING BUTTONS of Both the VSroland 1680 and Protoolos 2022.12
How much much will it cost for an hour can you please answer so we can then in March 2023 start to do the file please.

Hi Marcello,

I will respond via email.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Hi Marcello,

From what I read, the 1680 identifies these messages as different status messages

B0 03 00 - This is ‘Mute’
B0 03 60 - This is ‘Source’
B9 03 40 - This is ‘Play’

So if you cycle between them by pressing the button multiple times, I would like to know what LED’s to light up on Pro-Tools with each status

My assumptions but please let me know if you want something different.

‘Mute Status’ - Mute On - Record Arm Off - Select Off - Solo Off
‘Source Status’ - Mute Off - Record Arm On - Select On - Solo Off
‘Play Status’ - Mute Off - Record Arm Off - Select On - Solo Off

Likewise you said you want to push Record Arm on Pro-Tools to control your
controller LED. What Status do you want to show when you

1 - Have record Arm enabled - I assume you want ‘Source Status’
2 - Have record Arm disabled - I assume you want ‘Play Status’ or ‘Mute Status’ depending on the current Mute State of Pro-Tools
3) Mute enabled - I assume you want Mute Status otherwise either Source or Play Status depending on the state of record arm in Pro-Tools

As you can see, your request looks more complicate than your original requirements do to the ‘smart’ nature of your VS-1680.

I haven’t started the project. I’m just trying to get my head around how this controller works and how you would want to implement it.

The manual also says that the VS-1680 cannot record more than 8 tracks at a time. I have no idea on how this plays into your requirements. The manual is quite confusing to me without an actual VS-1680 to play with.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Good morning Steve Caldwell, it is Marcello Gabriels.

The Roland VS 1680 as 8 inputs and the other tracks are to route them around the 8 inputs.

I would like to have the 8 inputs and the other tracks which is a total of 12 plus the master fader, which doesn’t have a record button assingment,

so I think if we go online like the other time last session we, me and you can sort out in one hour as you wrote to me Steve Caldwell, the 8 tracks are inputs totally with jacks.

The roland vs 1680 it as green light normal status blank off statust or mute orange light almost reday to record and red light it is record function ready.

The manual is not confusing but if you say so I belive it.

What about a live session with you like the last time.

How about that Steve Calkdwell.

Please let me know it will save time.

Thank you, on the first of march 2023 please send the invoice so we can start the project 80$ dollars usa.

Plus 50$ dollars and extra hour is that correct ?

Like the last time.

Thank you very much.

Remember the project is record button from Protools 2022.12 and when I push the record button on Protools it lights up record button on The roland vs 1680 and vice versa the amount of tracks are 8 of input on the roland vs 1680 plus an addtional 4 tracks which four tracks which I can route from those 8 tracks.

Thank you.

Marcello Gabriels Recording Engeenering.

Sincerely Please send me the invoice so I can pay you on the first of march 2023 so we can start the project of recording buttons. And if we can go live with you like the last time we can sort things out better.

Thank you very much.

Marcello Gabriels.

Yes, we can do a live session if necessary. I will reach out to you on March 1st.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Thank you Steve Caldwell.

Marcello Gabriels.

Good afternoon Steve Caldwell, I am sorry but I Marcello Gabriels have to cancel the project for the recording

Buttons of the roland vs 1680 to protools 2022.12 and vice versa.

I am sorry for this incovenient but I cannot do it.

Thank you very much. So please don’t send me the invoice for the 1st of march 2023.

I cannot do it the project of the buttons recordings.

Thank you.

Marcello Gabriels.

That’s OK, Marcello. Thanks for letting me know!

Steve