MIDIoverLAN replacement

Hi there! I just tested MIDIoverLAN to run my orchestral templates, worked perfectly! Apparently it has been discontinued! Would the Bome Network be a replacement for something like this (need 64+ ports)? Does the Bome Network require any hardware? Thanks in advance, desperately trying to find a solution since I just dropped a ton of $$$ for a second computer in my studio.

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to the Bome Community!

Yes, Bome Network Pro allows for connecting up to 5 computers over a single IP network.

Bome Network Pro includes Remote Direct MIDI ports, which means you can expose all connected midi devices from one computer to the other computers. For example, if you have 10 MIDI devices on Host A, they can be seen on host B as Host A:Device Name 1 , Host A:Device Name 2 ,etc. They can then be selected as local devices on on Host B under those names.

As an add-on you can also purchase Unlimited Virtual MIDI ports to create additional virtual ports on a given computer and set up advanced MIDI routing between other virtual ports or physical ports on the same computer.

The computers should automatically recognize each other as they come online and you can have them either auto-accept or auto-reject connection requests. Once a connection request has been accepted and you restart the computer, the connection will re-establish.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care
Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz