My Live Rig System Diagram for Reference and Comment

I attach here for reference the signal flow diagram of my live rig, which uses Bome products (Bome MIDI Translator, BomeNet, BomeBox) very heavily to achieve a complex, automated rig which remains modular and portable.
Note that this is not a physical connection diagram (it doesn’t show how my cables are run,) but a logic/data flow diagram, showing how various elements are routed, processed, and controlled by various software and hardware.
I’ll use this as a reference in future threads, to help show other what I’m up to.
I’d welcome any comments, questions, suggestions, or concerns!

<new file uploaded with corrections and additions 4:04pm July 28, 2021>
CG-SIGNAL-FLOW.pdf (245.8 KB)

Wow, that looks complex, but I guess if you understand it, that is the main thing. That way you can refer back to it.

Steve

I think the feeling of complexity is just because all audio and midi signals are shown separated into multichannel, which is very helpful for me when trying to keep track of things… but probably less helpful to the onlooker.

Basically, media is horizontal and the equipment/software the media moves through are vertical. Not sure how I ought to simplify.

No need, if you have questions, I’m sure we can figure it out together. One suggestion is to rename “Channel” to “Track” so you don’t confuse your audio or midi tracks with midi channels.

No need, if you have questions, I’m sure we can figure it out together. One suggestion is to rename “Channel” to “Track” so you don’t confuse your audio or midi tracks with midi channels.

Hmm… I’m referring specifically to “channels” on my diagram… in the MIDI realm, BMT must re-channelize each MIDI port to its own channel for the sake of Logic Pro (which can only record to its 16 available MIDI tracks on a per-channel basis… as all port information is otherwise lost when the inputs are inherently summed by Logic’s Environment layer). BMT must then un-translate the 16 channels of MIDI back to their original ports and channels upon playback. The track names/numbers themselves are irrelevant to my diagram.

In the audio realm, I refer to the 32 available channels of the x32, plus the eight Aux inputs (which are connected to x32 “aux channels” in the x32 software routing.)

I may have misunderstood the intent of your comment, but I think I’ve correctly referred to “channels” throughout the diagram. Does that make sense? Or is the language still confusing given the above explanation?

(I just realized I said ‘tracks’ in my previous post/response. Edited to say ‘audio and midi signals.’)