Never used my BOME Network since purchase because

The computers that have it keep giving me messages that it is available, unavailable, available, unavailable, etc. Does anyone have the same problem?

Hi and welcome back. This usually happens if you have both ethernet and WiFi enabled on the same network. Since the connection is made by the name of the Bome Box and they are connected with both connections. Bome Network does not know which method to choose. I suggest you turn on only WiFi or only Ethernet. A future version of Bome Network will allow a user to make a choice on the network connection to use. If you run in to any more trouble, let us know and we will assist further.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Thank you and glad to be back. I’ve been putting off posting for a while and it looks like that fixed the network unaivalble error. That appears to have introduced another messages that I have never seen before. It now periodically says “stale connection.”

Are you on WiFi or ethernet? It usually means that the period ping between the two hosts failed and it usually occurs on WiFi if there is a weak signal or too much wireless traffic. Also please make sure you are using the latest version of Bome Network and BomeBox Firmware as each version shows improvements.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Thank you very much Steve, I was a few versions behind (1.21) and downloaded 1.4 on all three computers. I am using Bome Network Pro wirelessly without a Bome Box. So far they’ve been running for about two minutes without a problem. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Actually that did the trick!!! :slight_smile: Thanks again Steve!

My pleasure!

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care