Overlap presents

Do not see this addressed in the forums, so maybe it’s just me doing something wrong. I have two presets that are identical except one accepts input from virtual port one and the other from virtual port two. They both output to Powerpoint. It seems that they both are processing at the same time and I’m getting too much data out. What is they best way to only process one preset at a time?
Thanks

The only way this would happen is if you:

1. Assigned the input ports incorrectly so maybe the inputs are being duplicated
  2. You are sending from both virtual ports at the same time

For case number 2, there are ways to ignore input from one port while the other is being used but I’d need to look at your project file to figure out what you are doing here.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Thanks for your timely reply. I’ve double checked my input port settings, all looks good. I believe you are correct that both ports are sending at the same time. I need to investigate preset switching further. Thanks for the advice.

This tutorial might help.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Query. Can I use a conditional rule to change presets? As in “if pp>XXXX then exit and activate next preset”. Been playing with variations but no luck. What do you think?
Thanks

Yes, typically you would use a rule like this in any translator that you don’t want the outgoing action to change

if ga!=10 then exit rules, skip outgoing action

Another tranlator may have something like this

if ga!=11 then exit rules skip outgoing action

Then the first translator would fire only if ga=10 and the second one if ga=11. They could both have the same incoming trigger and evaluate the value of ga. Only one of of the translators would fire. The outgoing action could be selecting different preset depending on the value of ga.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care