Plain text file writing?

Is it at all possible to write a plain text file using Bomes? I’m creating an APC40mkII patch which allows the changing of colours by a user. Dumping the variables used would be handy (and reading them in by default I guess).

Cheers.

Hi,

MT Pro cannot itself write data to a plain text file, however I have a helper program that can save and restore variables making them persistent. It requires the current 1.8.5 Beta version of Bome MIDI Translator Pro however and as an independent consultant, I would also charge a small price for the helper program. It runs on Windows PC only.

You could always write your own helper application and then launch it with an outgoing “execute file” message from MT Pro.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Thank you for the offer, regarding I could write my own helper programme (if you could the inelegance of the patch i’m working on, I think you’d remove the phrase lol).

Immense wish list post from hereonin.

Could the helper aspect of that be integrated into the player for signed patches?

Not sure if it could, you would need to ask this question using our Contact Form. Florian should be able to help you there.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz