Record MIDI controller "presses"

As there is no method to dump variables into a locally stored text file for settings etc, is there a method of recording the MIDI presses using a third party application at all?
On Mac there is the Vezer application, I am unable to find anything for Windows at the moment.
My thinking is, use a third party app to record me setting up my controller using my patch, and somehow have the resulting MIDI file played back (via another mythical third party application) thus “setting up the variables etc”.

I’m aware this is a bit of a large ask here, I’m just trying to come up with a creative work around to almost being able to save and restore “settings”.

Cheers,

Tony

Most DAW’s can record incoming MIDI and play it back. Just record it to a MIDI track.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Upon returning to this thread, I stopped off at Send SX | Bome Software
Would dumping the variables as a user “sets up ARC” be able to “loaded” back into it as a setup series?

I suppose if you route MIDI messages to SendSX and capture them there, when you are done, you could save to a file and later play back to Bome MIDI Translator. You would need to set up translators to look at the incoming MIDI and set up global variables to write to from those messages.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz
1 Like