relative increase/decrease by fixed amount

Hi,

I'd like to control the filter cutoff and other parameters of my Roland MC-101 via an external absolute MIDI controller but only by a relative amount.

i.e. When my MIDI controller is at 0 then the MC-101 should do nothing, but when i turn the controller to 127, I would like the MC-101 to raise the filter from it's current value by say 50. Then when i turn my MIDI knob back to 0 the MC-101 should return to it's original value.

Is suppose i would be adding an amount to the current amount.

e.g. MC-101 Filter is set at a value of 30. When i turn the MIDI knob from 0-127, the MC-101 filter would rise 50 units to a new value of 80. When I turn the MIDI knob back to 0, the MC-101 filter would return to 30.

Is this possible?

Thanks!

So instead of your knob that has values of 0-127 taking your filter from 30-50 on your MC101, you would like the same incoming values to make the outgoing from 30-80 on your MC1010. Is this correct?

The scaling formula  and procedure for this type of thing can be found in the below tutorial. 

https://youtu.be/g4AoEyq3qGw

If you have any trouble with using it, feel free to come back here with any follow-up questions.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz