Single keystroke hold help

Hey folks,

Sorry for the new topic, but I was looking to map a timed single keystroke in Bome. I’m trying to map the navigation tools in Cinema 4D, but in the software the hotkeys are press and hold only (press and hold key “3” and mouse drag for orbit).

Is there a way to map a single timed keystroke to perform this task? I’m wondering if a timed on then off rule might work. An example would be great if you have the time, thanks guys.

Hi Chris,

I’m still a bit confused in what you want. Are you talking about MIDI note in to hold down a computer keystroke for a period of time. Or the other way around.

The translators in preset 0 handle the first case.
The translators in preset 0 handle the second.

key-hold.bmtp (1.8 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Hi Steve,

Still new to the mapping terms, but yes it would be a midi note incoming to hold down a computer keystroke (3) for a period of time.

The incoming message trigger is 9C 15 pp and the note is on #13: A0, vel pp

The outgoing would be a single keystroke 3 held down for a period of time

Hope that makes more sense…this is on a Traktor F1 midi board

OK, the first preset will handle it. You will just need to change the translator incoming message to Note 21 on MIDI CH 11

Note 21 is Hex 15
The C in 9C is MIDI channel 11

key-hold.bmtp (1.8 KB)

Thanks Steve. Could you show me on this template? I can tinker with it from there.

Sure, here is a picture.

And the project file.

key-hold-a.bmtp (1.2 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Great thanks for the help! This site has been really informative. I’m going to map PS brush size on a fader if possible now. I might try fader up to increase size (keystroke [) and fader down to decrease (keystroke ]).

Bome interprets the fader with several codes as it listens, so I might have to read the forums on this topic.

You might want to look at this tutorial. Except instead of a relative encoder output, if the change is positive send one key stroke and if the change is negative send the other. I remember putting a distinct example of this situation on the forum so you could search there too. If you can’t find it let me know.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Thanks Steve!