Smooth midi movement its possible?

Hi,

I am working on Sequoia and with a motorized fader. His movement is very abrupt and I cannot have a more precise movement. Is it possible for Bome to help with this for a smoother movement?
Thanks in advance.

Hi, see the example. It is for Mackie Movement of fader 1 only.

I use the global variable “ia” to determine the each movement amount (precision) in the preset “Init” translator “Set Global Varilables”
I set the timer iteration “pp” in the local variable of Translator 1.0. This is represented in milliseconds.
Between the two, you should be able to set it up as a balance for precision and how fast or slow you want to move the fader. You would need to do something similar with the rest of the faders.

Mackie-Smooth-Fader1-Example-2021-09-22.bmtp (3.6 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Hello again Steve.
I have tried the preset it but with no luck. It is possible that I do not know how to configure the assignments, excuse my complete ignorance.
I am attaching my preset in case it helps and a video explaining what my purpose is.

In the example I am doing it with Ableton Push 2. It has a smoother movement mode when the shift button is pressed. Sequoia and X-Touch have a very abrupt movement, it is impossible to make more precise adjustments.
It would be incredible to do something like that, I hope this is possible and excuse my ignorance and the language (google translate) xD

thanks in advance

VIDEO

https://drive.google.com/file/d/181uHj6mI7pCQarfzmMscUDW_xJ7qtm6l/view?usp=sharing

Sequoia test.bmtp (4.8 KB)

Could you turn on the log in Bome MIDI Translator and capture what your Ableton Push is sending as compared with Sequoia and X-Touch? Check MIDI IN and MIDI OUT Boxes.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Hi Steve,

I am trying to receive Ableton push messages in Bome but I do not receive any messages, only this error when I try to open the port …

this is moving the fader with X-Touch on Sequoia

OK you must be on Windows. Please shut down Sequoia and then monitor the input of your Ableton Push. On Windows, more than one application cannot open a given MIDI port at the same time. When you start up Sequoia again, make sure you only have a Bome Virtual Port enabled and do not try to read or write directly to your Ableton Push.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Hi Steve

Only Ableton is open and Push, Sequoia and X-Touch are disconnected.

The problem persists, no

‘’ Ableton Push cannot be opened … ‘’

I think it’s because Ableton is blocking Push in Bome …

Shut down Ableton Live and try again. If using Ableton Live it will try to open your push and assign it’s ports. If Ableton Live is open, reassign the ports to BMT 1 instead of your push. In MT Pro set a through path from your actual push to and from Bome MIDI Translator Virtual port 1.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care