Song Position Pointer / expression needed

OK, I’ll run up to my PC when you post the latest log and test it. So far I’ve not been testing before posting (my bad).

Yes, comments come after answers are earliest to latest under the answers.

Answers are latest to earliest (latest answers on tops) but as I said, comments to the answers under them are earliest to latest. A bit confusing but that is how it works.

OK, this one I actually tested sending messages using Bome SendSX with your incoming message log and it works.

I added a preset and under that put 3 translators

1. On project open, timer “Init” is triggered.
  2. When pressing computer ESC key, timer “Init” is triggered
  3. Timer “Init” sets global variable of ga back to zero.

Primarily the above is set up so I don’t have to restart the project to test again. I often do this to ensure I have global variables set to a known state.

I then fixed the rules in the original translator.

I attached both the project file and the log file. The log file will show all of the incoming F1 50 message but only one 0 sent on output (line 2)

Attachments:
1550516417937_Song-Position-bome-2f-01-sjc-2019-02-18a.bmtp
1550516417972_Song-Position-bome-2f-01-sjc-2019-02-18a-log.txt

Oh, if you want to pass through the MIDI F1 50 message when you send the keystroke “0”, you will need to turn off the option “Swallow” on the translator, Since I have midi route set, all other MIDI messages will get through.

I found one more error in the rules. The “0” was sent on the first iteration instead of the second. Here are the fixed rules to replace those in the attached file.

pp=ga
ga=ga+1
if pp>2 then ga=2
if pp!=1 then exit rules, skip Outgoing Action

I assume I need to activate (esc) the timer before I hit play in Cubase, correct?

Just tested it and it doesn’t work. Same as before, the cursor jumps for preroll and right back to start.

From what I’m able to surmise is that the condition is met at every frame.

Also, the incoming midi shows F1 50 at every frame, is this intentional?

Attachments:
![](upload://gtM56Lac7EG9NHP2jJF8R4y6fw3.png)
![](upload://6gG93nXQhRtWssIl8G0QBUa0hhG.png)
![](upload://zyUM3zCgWAyegZjzvtdGv4vsxVP.png)

Yes, the F1 50 (and everything else) will still go through unless you turn of the default MIDI routing.
It will only send a “0” key on the second receipt of F1 50, however.

OK I might have screwed sth there…can you please attach the whole project again and I’ll give that another shot

Attached is the latest with the new rules copied and pasted in. This one is not tested as I’m not at my PC so I don’t have SendSX available to me for testing right now.

Attachments:
1550589423432_Song-Position-bome-2f-01-sjc-2019-02-19.bmtp