Stop processing related to 'Delay outgoing action'

Is there a way to stop the processing of delayed outgoing actions. e.g. I trigger an action that is delayed by 2 seconds, but if I trigger another action within that 2 seconds, the first action is cancelled.
Use Case:
I have a pad on my launchPad Mini that triggers multiple translators inside preset A. One of which is to deactivate preset A and activate Preset B. Also with a translator that then, after 2 seconds, reactivates preset A and deactivates preset B. In affect a delayed reset.

I would like the ability to cancel that reset if I execute a command within that 2 seconds.

Yes,

• The first translator sets up a 2000 msec (2 second timer). The timer will send a note messge.
  • The second translator if activated, kills the timer "Watchdog’ which cancels the output.
  • The third translator is triggered by the first and cancelled by the second.

Send-or-Cancel-Delayed-Output-2021-01-17.bmtp (1.4 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Hey Steven,
I tried the ‘watchdog’ thing but the timer kept processing. I tried with different pads and I also tried with a translator in the preset that I am deactivating to trigger the watchdog but still no luck. I attached an example.
Cheers,

Jesse

StopTimer Processing.bmtp (6.2 KB)

OK, the trick here is that you after activating the preset you set a timer to put it back but then give yourself a way to cancel the timer. The following example does this. Also I use a little trick that within each preset I deactivate the other preset upon preset activation.

Everything starts with A active (set by Init).
Press note zero and it Activativates preset B and starts a 2 second timer.
B is activated which deactivates A.
If no more notes within 2 seconds, the timer fires and Activates A again.
Activate A - Translator deactivates B
If you press a note within 2 seconds after first press, the Return timer never fires and you stay on B.
Pressing note 1 in this example takes you back to A.

Remember the timer is called a “watchdog” as it only trips if nothing happens after it is started (no additional not pressed to kill the timer).

Less translators yet gets the job done.

StopTimer Processing-sjc.bmtp (5.7 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Hi Steven,
That took a little time to get my head around, but I got it eventually. I realised that I do indeed need a preset called ‘Preset Management’ as I initially had the One-Shot Timer in the Preset that I was deactivating and on deactivation it seems that the timer is then disabled.
Many thanks for the help.

Jesse

Yes, I always keep one preset always active when activating and de-activating other presets. Too many unplanned side affect otherwise. Glad you have it working now!

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Hi both, I’ve just posted about doing a very similar thing here - Prevent multiple translators within a given time period

The difference is I still want the action to only go ahead, but only once (not be cancelled completely). Is there a way to achieve this? Thanks!

I replied in the referenced thread above.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

1 Like