Sysex controller preset needs midi capture to start working

a quick note on power: we do have occasional reports that WiFi can lower the voltage of the USB host connector slightly — depending on the stability of the power supply of the BomeBox. It cannot pass on more than it gets minus what it needs for itself. Trying a different micro-USB power supply for the BomeBox might help. The best solution is a PoE injector, which provides rock stable 5V at the BomeBox USB host connector to attached USB devices. We recommend this one:
https://www.bome.com/shop/poe-injector-digitus
It has the additional advantage that the power plug cannot unplug accidentally.

Hi Ken,
Can you power the Livid via another USB port on the hub and still use DIN to communicate between Livid and BomeBox? That way both BomeBox and Livid would be drawing power from the USB hub and that shouldn’t effect the power output on the BomeBox.

I ran your project on my BomeBox and it worked flawlessly.

I assigned the input and output ports to my Network MIDI and sent MIDI CC messages over the network and received Sysex messages back.

I didn’t yet check your code on the translators you said were having problems.

Good to see the preset works in your setup.
Yes, I can power Bomebox and Livid separately, I had that work too.
Main issue is how I can merge incoming midi notes with the Livid/bomebox sysex data out to FB01.
I’m still searching for something that would work.

Now I found a way to send the Livids data over USB to Bomebox, while it stays powered well, avoiding the wifi issue. I removed the USB hub completely and now Bomebox gets powered directly by Iconnectaudio4+ USB host. Problem now is that my computer doesn’t recognize my Iconnectaudio anymore, so no connections are found in MTP. This should work though, since there’s another USB port on Iconnect (not a host) that is connected to my mac. I thought it should be able to get recognized this way in MTP?

On my version of the file you sent, gm is used in both OP2 and OP3, gn is used in both OP3 and OP4.

The logic you show above looks sound assuming your output is correct. OP1 and OP 4 seem to be sending out
the same parameters gl and go

Steve

You can use MT Pro project in the Bomebox to FB01 by setting up another route. As long as you have swallow set on all your translators, then anything not swallowed by a translator will pass through the default routing untouched.

BomeBox is only a host, not a device. The micro USB connection is for power only.

You can still use Network MIDI port to look at BomeBox from your computer (MTP)