Translate value of velocity to fix value

Hey everybody,

after successfully setting up my both AKAI APC Mini with Midi Translator Pro, I’ve another question.
Is it possible to translate the velocity values from a USB midi keyboard to a fixed value?

I have a M-AUDIO Keystation Mini 32 MKII and want to use it with my lightning software. But because of the velocity of the keys it’s not possible. Unfortunately you can’t deactivate the velocity at the keyboard.

So I want to translate the incoming value for the velocity - it’s between 1 and 127 - to a fix value like e.g. 50 or any other value. However you press a key at the keyboard, there comes always the same value to the lightning software. That’s what I need.

Otherwise it would be an option if there’s a way to disable the velocity of the keyboard with Midi Translator Pro. I do a search at the forum but found nothing like that.

Greetings,
Stephan

Yes,
The translator would look like this

Incoming: Note on any MIDI CH set to oo any note set to pp any velocity set to qq
Outgoing: Note-on MIDI CH oo, note pp velocity 50
Options: Swallow

Then have a MIDI thru path using the Bome MIDI router for any other messages that you want to pass from your keyboard to the application.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz
1 Like

Hi Steve,

thanks for your explanations.
I’ll try this out the next days and would you gave you a feedback.

Greetings,
Stephan

Hi Steve,

thanks again for your great support.
I build up a preset and translator as you described and everything works fine.
The project comes as attachment of this post.

Kind regards,
Stephankeystation_set_velocity_stb.bmtp (1.2 KB)

Great, glad to see it worked out for you!

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz
1 Like

Next step is to combine the first project Two Akai APC MINI and this project into one.

I let you know when it’s successfully merged …

Greetings,
Stephan

Sounds great!

A post was split to a new topic: Control Velocity of a note using a MIDI CCC