Translating Start and Stop Messages

I am trying to translate an incoming MIDI Start (or Stop) Message into a CC Message. I thought it might be as simple as that, but when I click the start button once, it gives me 34 lines in the log when it should only be two (the press of Start and the outputted CC Message). I’m not sure if there’s any settings or what else might be the issue.

Yes, using MIDI learn for incoming start and stop messages may be a bit difficult as once a device is started it starts blasting a bunch of MIDI clock messages. There are two ways to resolve this.

Methond 1

Clear incoming then press start and quickly press stop. Then select the first message on the list and click it. It should be the start message.

For Stop, simply pressing stop should do the trick

Method 2, instead of using Capture incoming messages, just manually program the incoming as incoming and then Start.

I took the liberty of creating a template for you.

Start-Stop-to-CC.bmtp (1.2 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Thank you for doing that, but the issue still persists. It works fine and gives me the two inputs until I open my DAW, that’s when it blasts me with the extra messages.

Your DAW is blasting you with messages? Could you share your project file? Maybe you have MIDI thru set and the Start and Stop Messages are still getting through to your DAW?

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Maybe it would be best to capture a log of what is going on? In the log Window, turn on MIDI IN, MIDI OUT, Incoming, and Outgoing and then press start then press stop. The copy and paste the log information into a text file and post it.

Ok, I think it has something to do with how I am selecting it in my DAW. Rather than opening the BMT 1 input, I had enabled my keyboard, which I think was feeding back into itself with my routing settings in Bome and adding all of those extra messages to the log. Now it looks to be working how it should be. I will update the thread if anything seems wonky again though.

1 Like