Translator won't click on certain windows or when certain windows have focus

Not clicking video.zip (2.6 MB) I have translators set to generate left and right mouse clicks upon certain MIDI notes in my copy of Translator Pro. Works great on my other computer, but I just got a new one and for some reason it acts strange here. It won’t click when certain windows have focus, or on those windows even when they don’t. One of the windows it acts this way for is the Task Manager. I recorded a video to illustrate exactly what I’m talking about. It’s attached in the zip file. Any idea what could be causing this? One of the windows it doesn’t click in is a game I’m trying to use it with, so it kind of nixes my whole scheme here. The Event Monitor shows both the in and out are being generated, but it just doesn’t translate into action.

It is really difficult to see what is happening with the video as there is no sound. Also you are displaying the event monitor but it would probably be better if you displayed the log with outgoing checked. It would say what it is sending or trying to send. Also if you are clicking within MT Pro with notes, the default is to suppress mouse and keyboard outgoing actions if MT Pro has focus. This can be changed in settings.

I’m thinking perhaps your your clicks may be working with task manager but not within MT Pro depending on the focused window. However this is just a guess.

Clicks will only occur on the focused window and only if they are not being suppressed by MT Pro. A few games bypass the Windows mouse drivers and will not work. Also, if you have a mouse macro program running like Logitech SetPoint, some mouse actions may be interupted by the Logitech driver. I’ve had to uninstall it on my Windows PC as there are many things I found it was interfering with.

If you post your project file, I can probably take an even closer look.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Diablo.bmtp (2.5 KB) Not clicking video2.zip (1.7 MB) Thanks for your immediate response. I suppose I didn’t clarify what I was using to click with in that video, but all the clicks are from MIDI except when the Dragon voice recognition says “mouse click”, which is only once or twice. Here’s another video with the log exposed. I click within Pro to show the translators are working, then change the focus to Task Manager and show they stop working, then at the end show that even with Task Manager not having focus, I can’t click in it.
I’ve never experienced Pro suppressing my clicks when it has focus before though. I looked in the settings for the option you mentioned and it only specifies keystrokes, but it was selected. I deselected it, but no change in behavior.
I know this game allows me to click in it, because it works just fine on my other computer. I did have an Autohotkey macro running that holds left click when I press F10 but again, that macro has always been running on the other computer as well and there was never any interference. I turned it off anyway to be sure, but no difference.
I’ve also attached my project file.

Hi,

The only way I was able to get it to work with task manager is to Run as Admin. I suspect some programs might require that and ignore clicks from normal users. Try that.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

1 Like

You’re a lifesaver! That did it. It makes sense too; with a new copy of Windows 10 I have to deal with the hassle of figuring out how to give administrator privileges to everything I do again…

Glad I could help!

Si sono soddisfatto ora mi dedicherò a creare show di luci pronti per la ripartenza

I’m happy it is working for you!

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care