Trigger Note On/Off with one device, but control note/pitch with another

I’m trying to do this trick where I can alter the pitch of a kick drum (namely the 808 sound) with a keyboard, but have the actual sound tiggered by either pads of a drum trigger. I’ll attach my project file.

Here’s what I did that I thought would work:
Drum pitch change.bmtp (2.3 KB)

I assign “pp” to the note of my launchpad (to determine the pitch), then my drum pad notes get assigned to “qq”. I then put in the rules “qq=pp”

I don’t have any outgoing actions on the launchpad because I don’t want that to trigger the VST, only to tell the pad notes which note to play. Velocity is down to the pads too.

The drum pads trigger the synth but only play note 0, I must be missing more instructions in the rules section, can anyone help with this? as pitched kick drums are in right now it would be a neat trick to share.

Hi, pp and qq in translators 0.0 and 0.1 will not be seen in 0.2 and 0.3 as they are local variables and only can be seen by translators with the same incoming trigger . Instead you should use global variables like ga and gb. Please press F1 or help within Bome MIDI Translator pro and you can see the naming conventions for both global and local variables in the Bome MIDI Translator Pro USER MANUAL.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Steve, I really appreciate your patience, I definitely should have consulted the manual first, my bad.

No worries!

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz