Trying to get my M Audio Keystation 88 to work with Pro Tools 2022.9.0 (Latest version)

I understand what you mean, and I think I’m doing everything you’ve said, and it still isn’t allowing me to hear notes played on the keyboard, and use the transport controls at the same time.

I have attach the project file. Do you think I could trouble you to have a look and see if I’ve done something wrong here? I know you’ve given me a huge amount of your time and I’m very grateful.

I’ve included a screenshot of how I have the HUI input and output set. By looking at both of them, do you think this is how you are intending it to be, and that it should work in this configuration?

I assume you’ve used this configuration/setup with other projects and it both operates MIDI notes and transport controls at the same time?

I feel like I’m doing everything you’re saying, and it just doesn’t seem to be working. I must have done something wrong :frowning:

Keystation 88 Pro with Pro Tools-2022-10-02-sjc EDITED.bmtp (4.2 KB)

This screen in Protools shoud show BMT 2 for both send and receive. Then your transport should work.

There should be another screen for defining all MIDI devices. In addition to BMT 2 you should check BMT 1 as an input device. It would be somewhere else in MIDI settings.

Then in that same screen you would uncheck your keyboard since all keyboard performance will be coming from BMT 1 instead and both Pro-Tools and MT Pro will not be able to simultaneously access that MIDI port. This link from Sweetwater might help you.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Hi Steve,

Sorry for the delay.

I’ll check this out and get back to you if that’s alright. I’m sure you must have had enough of me and my issue now :smile:

Thanks again for all your help.

Regards,

James

James,

I’m not giving up on this because I know that we will get it working. I’m here if you need me.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz