Unplug usb device

Hi, ive just purchased MT Pro, all working fine however when i restart the computer (macbook pro m1 max, OS monteray 12.5) i have to unplug and replug in my midi controller for everything to work ok) I have seen this as an issue elsewhere in the forum but just wondered if this is an issue that is on the job list to fix. Thank you.

What is your controller make and model that is not being recognized? What version of MT Pro are you currently using?

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Hi, im using Allen and Heath k2 (2 of them) It is being recognized ok, its just when i do a restart on the computer it doesnt see it again until I unplug it and then replug in. Im using the latest version of MT Pro as of today. 1.9.0 build 1022. Thanks.

We haven’t seen this issue. Are you also running Bome Network or any other MIDI enabled software?

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Hi. no not running Bome network. I do use other midi programs such as Nuendo, Ableton, Logic Pro VEP, Pro Tools etc, but none of them are started when I 1st turn on the computer. I have MT Pro set to automatically open up and run in the background on startup. However strangely enough, today on firing up the computer it all worked as I want it to. Ill try a few more start ups and see if its managed to work itself out. Thanks.

Ps i have been referring to this thread relating to others having to unplug usb devices to get it to work

----"FlorianBomefounder

Mar 23

Hi Theo, Dan, who experienced the same issue on one Mac, found this workaround:

I discovered that if I unplug and then re-connect any piece of USB midi gear connected to the computer MT would start as normal.

Would be great if that worked for you as a workaround to get started (at least). We will try to find the cause and fix it, hopefully."

Hi,

I’m glad it is working now. The thread you pointed us to was actually a different symptom reported back in March. MT Pro would not start at all. I’m not sure what the fix ended up being or if the user is just dealing with it as a work-around. I’ll check further. If the problem re-appears, please let us know.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

You’re using two K2’s? Have you updated their firmware to the M1-compatible version? In case you haven’t yet, here’s a PDF describing the update process

@zzyzxburke , this is interesting to know that the older version of the K2 firmware does not work with the M1. Thanks for posting this!

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Thanks @zzyzxburke , yes ive already updated the firmware but thanks for helping. I’m still getting the issue unfortunately but its intermittent, sometimes the computer starts up and MT Pro is working as it should, others i just have to unplug the K2’s and it will start working again. A minor annoyance but at least ive finally got the k2’s mapped the way i want them so its worth it. . Cheers.