Update to firmware 1.5 is failing

I downloaded the bxfw firmware file and I’m trying to update via the bome box web page and I see this error:

Hi,

I’m sorry you are having difficulty with your firmware update!

Please do a BomeBox backup. Save any project files that you want to keep and then do a BomeBox reset.

Once you are back online again, then try the BomeBox firmware update.

My theory is that it is possible that there is an issue with memory full, and this procedure should clear that condition. Some of the memory used is not in the user project files but within the BomeBox internal memory configuration.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Thanks Steve- Unfortunately, that didn’t fix it. I reset to factory settings and I’m getting the same error. It does seem to take a little longer before the error is returned, but still no dice.

just to check a known problem where the serial number is not properly set: can you post a screenshot of the main overview page of the BomeBox web config?
Thanks!

Looks like serial number is blank- however, it did accept the serial number as the password after I did a reset.

Anything else I can try?

Hi Steve, my apologies for not responding earlier. We’ll contact you directly to arrange for a replacement unit.