Using Behringer CMD DC-1 for select APC Mini MIDI I/O channel

Hi all,
I wish to configure buttons of a behringer cmd dc-1 for switch midi channel of APC Mini.
For example
Pressing DC-1 button 1 -> All APCmini buttons and sliders will send/receive midi messages from/to channel 1
Pressing DC-1 button 2 -> All APCmini buttons and sliders will send/receive midi messages from/to channel 2
And so on.
Anybody have some example or solution that can help me?
Is it possible to do that with the pro version? If so i would buy the product
Thanks a lot

Do you know what MIDI the buttons send on the DC-1 when you press them?

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Something like the attached should work.

When you open it, you will prompted to assign your aliases

My APC MINI - Point this to your actual APC MINI port
My DC-1 - Point this to your actual CMD DC-1 port
My Application - Point this to the Virtual MIDI port you are using to communication with your application

The way it works is this:

Preset 0 (DC-1-Control) - The translators here take input from you CMD DC-1 port (as defined in the preset) and set the value of ga to 0 for note 0 and 1 for note 1. The value of ga in this project represents the current MIDI channel (MIDI CH 1 is 0 MIDI CH 2 is 1)
Preset 1 (APC Mini to App) - At the preset level we receive from you APC MINI any 3 byte message (which could be note or CC) and convert the status byte to the target MIDI channel you want to sent to your application using the rules.
Preset2 (App to APC Mini) - At the preset level we receive from your application any 3 byte message. We check whether the incoming message is on the target MIDI channel and if it is, then we convert that to send to MIDI CH 1.

Everything is handled by the translators. There are no MIDI through paths defined in the project.

If your CMD DC-1 Sends different notes than I put, just change the incoming trigger message on translators 0.0 and 0.1

Switch APC-MINI channel with CMD-DC1-2020-12-17.bmtp (2.0 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Thank you a lot, Sorry for delay but i’ve received the notification in spam email folder. I try It and if everything works i’m going to buy the full version