Variable/Notes to SPP

Oh thank you a lot, it\'s a bit working,

Sorry I hadn\'t see your yesterday messages...

So It\'s working if I put a note on each step ^^\' because so it\'s moving +1 so it\'s good.

But If I send just some random notes, not each step, each note make it restart from the previous step +1 ... so it not follows :)

Can be useful in a way but not really the idea ^^

In fact I think it should count the number of step from the last reset and so, then, reset from + this number...

Maybe you already have an headache... I\'m worst than the virus sorry ;)

Well, you will either need to track steps and then send the step count (using math) along with the selecting the row, or just assume the next note is supposed to be the next step on the new row and add it it as I did. Perhaps it is not working due to device select as I’m still unclear as how the stop and continue messages are used that go to your Synth where the SPP message go to a different port. I don’t have a headache but just don’t understand how you have your equipment connected.

I’m glad to hear I hadn’t gave you a headache ^^ !!
So in fact each machine are sending and receiving midi : they are sending to a midi merger, then the midi merger send to Bome via midi usb. Bome send to the “octatrack” which has the arranger and which is set to “transport receive”. Then I use the thru output to also send bome midi FX as note to CC and other things you helped me to do before… So it is supposed to work (…) ?

I'm glad to hear I hadn't gave you a headache ^^ !! So in fact each machine are sending and receiving midi : they are sending to a midi merger, then the midi merger send to Bome via midi usb. Bome send to the "octatrack" which has the arranger and which is set to "transport receive". Then I use the thru output to also send bome midi FX as note to CC and other things you helped me to do before... So it is supposed to work (...) ?

So your setup looks something like the attached? Is the Octatrack feeding a sequence to MachineDrum? Looking at your project file, how are notes getting to the synth. Where is the note-to CC for sending midi FX?

Attachments:
![](upload://sUGoIrhvxcbT5TW99lYbwwTLPLN.png)

Hi.... Thank you very much for you effort for me... Thank you for this plan which is pretty right.

The only thing is that I also have A machine named Elektron analog which can sequence and that I use to send the sequence of Arranger jump to Octatrack. It is important so then I can write transpose sequences.

I made an other other one with a different style ^^ You will maybe see that it\'s also about midi thru output.

As you understand computer is in fact Bome/ workstation. But I didn\'t mentioned the DAW I can use as the last step of the plan you daw.

Maybe what I did will not be really useful.

Thank you dear (...)

Matthias

Attachments:
![](upload://sc7iGRLcSsTEryQ532iTpJV8Hmr.png)

How does the Octatrack know the number of steps required for a given sequence? What signals a pattern with different number of steps or steps reset to first step?

Hi,
Octatrack an other have all a scale setup menu when I can choose the scales settings with eventually different signatures per track, each synchronised with the tempo and that on each pattern… So normally they all are independant about pattern resetting, and when arriving to Xsteps the pattern ”restart” from the beginning. But here with the V1 preset of arrangement transposition you helped me to do, the Channel 16 sequenced by Analogfour is resetting the octatrack pattern at each note played. As The preset v1 is making note to reset SPP message (changer row as original post F20000 F20001 etc…
Does it make it sense ^^’ ? In fact Analog four won’t reset as the Octatrack even if it is receive the midi thru, because reseting depend of the arranger.

I can show you a video of a guy who did it working with its midi processor, box.
Second message : https://www.elektronauts.com/t/enabling-direct-jump-on-legacy-trinity/121002
Maybe it is about note off ? What about the SPP and note off ?
About what you said me before, about sequencing and number of steps, If we forget this, is this possible to direct jump from the instant listened step ?
Counting steps and each time resetting from the instant step + changing row to the same step.
If I just want to press one note of my keyboard to transpose…
Thank you Steve…
Matthias