Which Bome product(s) do we need?

We want to use a midi track in or DAW to set tempo and unmute/mute a delay vocal effect on our Allen & Heath Qu-Pac mixer. Which Bome product(s) do we need to accomplish this?

Hi,

You will likely need Bome MIDI Translator Pro if you want to do this on PC or Mac. If you want to do this without a computer, you would also need BomeBox.

You can start with the free trial version of Bome MIDI Translator Pro to see if it works for you before you decide to purchase. The trial version is fully featured yet times out every 20 minutes.

If you need help getting started, feel free to come back here and ask. There are also many video tutorials available for both Bome MIDI Translator Pro and for BomeBox.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Do we connect the Mac to the Qu mixer with Ethernet or USB? We have an access point connected to Ethernet for mixing with Qu-Pad and Qu-You apps.

For PC and Mac, I believe Allen and Health have an app that can both expose and examine MIDI ports. I’m not sure though because I never used their app because I don’t have an A&H mixer. BomeBox support most digital A&H mixers (dLive, GLD, Qu, SQ, iLive, more to come) as part of a network connection. Of course to do translation, you would still need MT Pro to build your project and then upload it to BomeBox for execution, however if you have a DAW, you would probably just want to use that directly on your PC.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Quick clarification: Allen & Heath has software available for download on their web site to connect to the mixers directly, I’m not sure if they have a software available for Windows.
In any case you can use the BomeBox to act as an interface between Qu-Pac and DAW.

So if their software only connects using network, Scott would need both MT Pro and BomeBox.
MT Pro would handle the interface to the DAW and MIDI translations. BomeBox would handle the network interface between the DAW and the QU mixer. The DAW would talk to the Bome Network Port via Bome Network (free version) and then BomeBox would route to and from the QU mixer. So the BomeBox would essentially be a network bridge. The translator projects could run either on the PC or the BomeBox (user choice).

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care