2 Bomeboxes Sharing to 2 Computers

Hi Steve,

Further to this thread, ive been having a similar issue where I want two computers and two Bomeboxes attached on the same network. Each bomebox has a midi device on it and what I want to achieve is either device to trigger both computers simultaneously.

ie note 1 triggering a video on computer 1 and a cue stack lighting playback on computer 2 so on and so forth.

so far I can have either one box doing that or the other box doing it, but not both at at the same time. All the network is set up correctly, notes are being created and triggering playbacks as they should. maybe its me with my routing.

so, im assuming that if I route box A and B as both send and receive to each other then route each box to one computer at a time, this then in theory will be the route;

box A has a midi note generated, sends to its prospected computer and to box B that then sends to its prospected computer, resulting in two machines being triggered by one note.

then,

box B has a midi note generated, sends to its prospected computer and to box A that then sends to its prospected computer, resulting in two machines being triggered by one note.

Am I correct in saying this?

Hi,

The below configuration should work. Just be careful you do not introduce any MIDI loops. Is this how you had it set up?

Personally I would prefer a solution such as below but it requires either 2 MT Pro licenses or 1 Unlimited Named MIDI Ports licenses. but I think it would create more reliable redundancy (but maybe not).

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Thanks steve, this has helped.