ABLETON - BCF2000 - scroll / launch clips from individual tracks with corresponding encoders?

hey guys,

noob here, i found this thread that sort of skirts what im looking for, and wanted to see if i’d be able to take it a step further.

e.g.

i want to be able to quickly roll through/launch clips on an individual track in session view with its respective spot on the controller.

is this possible?

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

Yes, this should be possible. You would likely need to do a MIDI learn on the MIDI messages for any clip you want to send. Otherwise if the BCF2000 has MIDI remote script built for that controller, it might be pre-programmed to do that. If not, you would either need to have your BCF2000 emulate a controller with the functions that you want or create your own MIDI remote script. There is a site called Remotify.io that has a tool that you can build your own custom MIDI remote script. It really depends on the level of integration you want and the time it takes to develop it. We can help here with Bome but you would need to talk to Remotify about making a custom script if you can’t figure it out with their tool.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Thank you!

so it looks like i would need to map the selection to a specific value on the controller, before i can launch the clips themselves?

i am guessing this makes things more complex, but is there a way to simply have some type of cursor action so that i am just able to go up and down the track column, in each of the tracks/encoders?

Yes you may be able to use arrow keys or map knobs to arrow keys as long as Ableton Live is focused in the area where the clip launch buttons are.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz