Ableton Link Support?

Can Bomebox generate Ableton Link?

I’m looking for a more solid solution to take clock from another device and provide tempo to AUM on my iPad (AUM currently only supports Link – not traditional midi clock in), while also filtering and translating other messages.

If not, is it on the roadmap or somewhere in the Bome-beta universe? I’d love to help test it out if so…

1 Like

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

BomeBox currently does not generate Ableton Link. I don’t think it is on the roadmap either.
It can generate MIDI clock, however, with only millisecond accuracy using timers.

Sorry!

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Thanks, @SteveC – I figured that was the case. I tell you what, having Link support would make the BomeBox that much more attractive to future customers (I own two, I just don’t have them with me right now to dig in.)

I’ve forwarded your feature request.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz
1 Like

Hi @zenkick , thanks for the suggestion. We have Ableton Link on our radar, but would need to make it a more complete story to make it useful at all.

MIDI Translator Pro actions:

• control Link operations via MIDI (start/stop/change tempo,…)
  • react on Link start/stop/tempo change events
  • receive MIDI Clock start/stop/change tempo…
  • send MIDI Clock start/stop/change tempo…

BomeBox:

• basic Ableton Link control from web config
  • full Ableton Link support using MT Pro project file

At this stage, this is not more than a vague intent…

1 Like

@FlorianBome - Sounds like a great outline for the backlog. Hope to see it some day soon – I’m sure it would be helpful to many, especially as Link becomes more prevalent in the networked MIDI world.

(Plus you’ll get a nice logo/link on the Ableton site. :slight_smile:)

1 Like

The addition of ableton link would be welcomed indeed…
awesome to know its being considered!!

Hi,

Has there been any progress on Link integration?

I am desperately looking for a solution that will convert a MIDI Clock signal from Traktor or a DJ Mixer, to Ableton Link in order for me to seamlessly connect to my Wolfmix W1 lighting controller.
I’m already a Bome Pro user and would really welcome this functionality.

Hi Lee, unfortunately, not. At this time, this is not on the roadmap. Although I agree it would be great to have!

The tech itself already exists in mac form and can be found here…

Could you at least take a look to see if this is workable for windows?

Hi Lee, thanks for the pointer. We usually don’t use 3rd party code (which, often, wouldn’t even make development faster). Important parts of it could be used on Windows.