Ableton Live and Waves SuperRack

Hi @SteveC

I’m hoping you can help me with a solution

I have two open applications

1. Ableton Live
  2. Waves SuperRack

I’m looking to create Midi Clips in Ableton Live to send to one particular plugin H-Verb
The only parameter I need is decay time

Unfortunately I can’t use the snapshot feature in SuperRack as I have utilized this for Waves Tune which
Selects the 12 major or minor keys from Ableton clips
This is done via IAC driver and MTP via the BMT1 virtual port

The goal is to set up various midi clips such as 2 seconds, 2.1 seconds, 2.2 seconds and so on

This would simply be added to a live set as a midi clip
Most likely be sent via IAC to SuperRack to then control that one parameter

OK let me know.

In a nutshell you want to control the Waves plugin H-verb with automation parameters within a clip to create different decay times. Is this correct?

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Exactly

I deleted the previous post as it wasn’t going to work

Any further tips would be much appreciated

Well this looks less like a Bome thing and more like an Ableton Live thing.
You should be able to create another IAC port and set up an automation lane in Ableton for the parameter you want to use and send that parameter to the H-Verb plugin as part of the clip. The output of the track would be the appropriate IAC port and the input plugin should be set to the same IAC port.

This might be a more appropriate question for either Ableton or Waves Forum. If you want to translate something between Ableton Live and Waves, then you could send to MT Pro and I could help you with the translation.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Steve

I appreciate that and agree with you
I’ve set up the MTP and Waves part

The issue with the automation part is I can’t figure out what parameter or cc is needed to automate

Jason Hennessy

I would think that you could do a MIDI learn with the CC of your choice with MT Pro and then in automation tie the automation to the same CC. I’m not that familiar how Ableton Live assigns CC’s to automation tracks.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care