Absolute encoder to relative encoder: reaching midi cc 0 or 127 to quickly

Hi Steve,

I have the following preset working fine.

However, it is moving the parameter too fast. ie. from the center of the absolute encoder, it reaches 0 or 127 in the mide CC before the absolute encoder reaches the lower/upper limit.

Is there something in the preset that I can adjust to decelerate the output to help match the limits of the CC values with the physical limits of the absolute encoder?

Thanks,
Owen.

Hi,

Any positive movement will result in value ranging from 1-x where x is generally pretty small because you can’t move it too fast.

Any negative movement will result in value ranging from 127-y where. Again y might not go down very much because you can’t move it fast enough.

It is possible that your relative application needs different values for your relative encoder.

Some apps require less than 64 for negative movement and greater than 64 for positive movement.

Mackie MCU requires 1-63 for positive movement and 65-127 for negative movement

The example i posted requires 1-63 for positive movement and 127-65 for negative movement, so you will generally see 1 for any positive movement and 127 for any negative movement

What application are you using and what type of relative encoder does it require?

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz