Activate LED flash

hey steve,

I am now one of the people with the most questions :slight_smile:

I still have one concern:

how can I when receiving this value:
F0 00 00 66 14 12 32 49 6E 2F 30 32 F7

trigger a short flash on my device?
My device requires the command: B0 09 7F to light up

Unfortunately, the only thing that works at the moment is that it lights up. How can I use the hex value above to encourage it to flash every time I press it?

Greetings

b.t

Hi,

You will need to tell it to flash off as well. In the attached example. The first translator will do 2 things.

1. In the rules, it will trigger the second translator, Perform ‘Flash-Off’ with two parameters. The first parameter is the note number (pp) and the amount of time (in milliseconds) that you want to turn the note-off.

2. The output of the translator will immediately send a Note-On message with note pp.

The second translator looks at the two parameters passed and send a note-off with the note value defined in the first parameter (pp), but uses the second parameter (qq) to delay the outgoing action. In this example I used 500 milliseconds as set in the rules of the first translator. You can adjust this to your liking.

Interesting as the incoming messages looks like a Mackie MCU scribble strip SysEx message.

I hope this is what you were looking for.

Flash Demo-2024-05-07.bmtp (1.3 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Hey Steve,

thanks for your example. It works again as expected.
Perfectly happy with Bome Support.

I’ll get a BomeBox as soon as it’s available to save some CPU process:-)

Can the BomeBox act as a midi interface to the PC via the microUSB socket?

Greetings

b.t

No, the way you interface between computer and BomeBox is either ethernet or WiFi using Bome Network which is free as far as communications between Windows PC and BomeBox or, Mac and BomeBox or Linux and BomeBox.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Hey Steve,

Thanks for quick reply.

This is a pity.
Do you have any information about a new Bome hardware 2.0 coming that makes this possible?

Are there any latency issues over Wifi?

Greetings

b.t

Bome Network is very fast and I’m not aware of anything in development that will provide USB host connectivity. With that said, I’m not generally privy to new development efforts. You will likely not see any latency over ethernet and for WiFi, it will vary based on wireless radio congestion. Is there a reason you have concerns of using network vs USB?

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Hey Steve,

I just want to use a single cable Connection to PC.
it’s possible to use only Ethernet cable to use it as Midi Interface and Power over Ethernet with one Ethernet Cable?

Greetings

b.t

Yes, if your connected device provides POE, then just connected to the ethernet port on the BomeBox labeled ‘POE In’.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care