Advanced midi command question for mcu control

Hello,

Is it possible that two different actions time delayed can be carried out with hitting only one note_on command?
The following should happen in this order:
For example when hitting the note A0 on ch1 with vel127 first immediately a noteoff comand on same ch for example E3 should activate as midiraw and 2ms later automatically followed by activate mcu fader control E0 for fader 1.
only activation would be required.
The control itself would be taken over by a fader.
If the input note_on makes conflict i can change my controller internally to knob cc instead of note.

greetings

b.t

Yes,
The first translator receives A0 Note-On MIDI channel 1 and sends note E3 Note-Off MIDI Channel 1 with no delay.
In the rules, we call ‘Perform fader1’ which triggers the second translator. It sends Note 0x68 (Note-On) on MIDI CH 1 with velocity of 127 but there is an outgoing delay of 2ms.

Easy Peasy.

One-button-mutliple Actions.bmtp (1.2 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

hi steve,

thanks for quick answering.
the first send note off without delay i understand
the second trigger the second translator i understand, too.
my question will be
How are these two connected?
For example, if I want to expand my buttons, let say 8, how do I connect them together?
Does each preset mean they are linked?
and after 2ms i don’t want send a note it should send
mcu fader like cc7 to E0 pp qq.

greetings

b.t

The Perform Action in the rules of the first translator triggers the second translator.

You will need to describe how you want to expand them as I’m not really sure what you are trying to accomplish. Maybe use a perform action with parameters.

What will trigger the values of the CC?

Perhaps you should look at this tutorial on perform.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

a fader should trigger the values of the cc.

what i’m trying is i want to use it with rme totalmix and need to control all 3 rows. unfortunatly these 3 rows can’t be controlled at the same time only with fader bank movement i can jump to next row.
with your help from my previous topic i can switch the fader bank with a knob lets say knob (x) now.
But my idea was when i activate per knob (y) for example my 4th fader it should automatically jump to next row without manuelly fader bank movement with other knob (x) before.

i hope i could describe it.

greetings

b.t

So you want to push a button to do an automatic bank switch and then send a fader value once the bank has switched? For that you would probably need to store the value of the fader in a global variable then then send the new fader value from the global variable once the bank is switched.

I’m still not sure what you are talking about with 8 buttons.

I’m still trying to get my head around what you are trying to do. When you are talking about TotalMIX, this is the digital mixer available with your gear and you have a MIDI controller with motorized faders to control it (and other apps)?

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

hey steve,

yes, you described the procedure correctly.
the new fader value does not have to be stored,
because the Motorized Fader take the value from that channel automatically after switching.

8 buttons therefore because i have a DIY Controller with only one single Fader.
This Fader emulate 8 different Faders with button switching.
So on the Controller side with different buttons (and there are 8 buttons on it) i can jump to next fader channel.

Yes with TotalMix i mean the digital mixer from RME.
Could you send me a working template or example to try this out and see if it might work?

automatically fader bank switching and control fader value on selected channel with pressing only one single button would be awesome.

i hope i could explain it.

greetings

b.t

OK, this should get you pretty close. You will need to map your incoming buttons for translators 1.1,1.2 and 1.6-1.9. I have them mapped to F1-F4 on my X-Touch One in MIDI mode.

I tested this with an X-touch One in MIDI mode with Cubase as my DAW in Mackie MCU Mode. The X-TOuch One is a single fader device.

I haven’t got the logic of track left and track right (1.3 and 1.4) working to automatically switch banks as going up and down so I left them disabled. Bome has no idea how many tracks and banks a DAW has so things can get a little wonky here.

Mackie-One-Fader-DIY-Controller.bmtp (4.9 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

hey steve,

unfortunately i could not get it working with your Template or Examples. I put you an half working project from me with hard coded faders in attachement. Pherhaps you could implement your idea there.
I will also send you photos of the total mix so that you get an idea of ​​the bank change.

Up to faders 1 - 4 are still in the first bank (see light brown marking) in the total mix photo.
Now I want the light brown area to automatically switch to the other (light brown area) only when I switch to fader 5 or make movement on it (see total mix photo).
Normally I can currently switch manually with 1.5 (see my .bmtp file). However, I want the 1.5 to be activated automatically with fader movement of fader 5.
[Controller to Totalmix half working example.bmtp|attachment]
Would this be possible?

greetings

b.t

Controller to Totalmix half working example.bmtp (6.9 KB)

Hi,

This can be done but is very tricky for the following reasons.

1. Mackie MCU defines bank changes by moves of groups of 8 and you are using groups of 4. With that said, you could probably do 4 track ups and track downs when moving the faders.

2. Bome is not aware of how many tracks are in your DAW so keeping track of proper bank and track within bank could get out of sync…

I did attempt this, but the complexity of what you are asking is beyond the scope of free support. I did attempt this with translators 1.3 and 1.4 but ran out of time (for free support) because it was a bit complex. You can either continue where I left off or contact me for paid service if you want me to complete this function. My attempt was using bank moves not track moves. It would need to be modified for track up and track down 4 times (4 tracks) instead of bank up and bank down 1 time (8 tracks).

What I sent you was for implementing bank changes up and down with buttons.

I think I did something similar some time back but cannot find where I stored the file. If I find it, I will be happy to post it but if I recall it was in groups of 8 not 4.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

I’m also a bit confused on your project. You said you have only 1 fader with CC 7 but I’m seeing CC 1-5 and master fader on input from preset 0.

You should also look at this tutorial on selecting devices.
You don’t need to select them at the translator level. You can instead use the preset level and save yourself a lot of time.

I also suggest that you learn more about aliases from this tutorial. This can also be a time saver if your project environment changes.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

4 posts were split to a new topic: Send Note only once when moving CC Value until re-enabled