Aftertouch

Greetings,

I realize there is some content on this subject. However, I just purchased the software last night and need a bit hand of holding.

I want my controller to transmit aftertouch on MIDI CC 3. I have installed Bome without virtual port support. I already have 16 LoopBe ports set up. If Bome ports are still limited in number I will stay with the current ports. They operate correctly. If Bome supports more ports now, I'll set up 16 Bome ports. I mention this so you know what you're dealing with.

Back to the question. Can I get the steps to translate aftertouch to CC 3?

Thanks and best regards,

Graham

Hi,

Bome will soon have a new add-on feature of Bome Network Pro called "Unlimited Virtual Ports".  You will also be able to assign your own port names and do advanced MIDI routing.  The current public Beta already has this feature. See the link below:

https://www.bome.com/products/bomenet#downloads

As far as converting aftertouch to CC3:

------
Translator : Channel Aftertouch to CC3
Incoming: MIDI Channel Pressure on MIDI CH1, any pressure set to qq

------
Rules:

// None

// End of Rules
-------
Outgoing: MIDI Control Change CC3  on MIDI CH1 value qq
Options: Swallow
------

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Thanks Steve,
Re: unlimited ports, does that mean purchasing Network Pro? Or is this a separate addon for Translator Pro? If I have to purchase Network Pro, does that mean I’ve wasted my money on Translator Pro? No accusation. Just a question.

In your example, you used MIDI CH1. Was that just for illustration purposes? Or do I have to set up for all channels? My controllers transmit on channel 1, 2 and 3.

Thanks,
Graham

Hi Bome Network Pro is a different product. Unlike Bome MIDI Translator Pro, Bome Network Pro does not do any translation so you did not waste your money. Although Bome Network Pro allows you to send MIDI across a network to PC's Macs, BomeBox and soon iPhone. The unlimited virtual ports is an paid add-on feature of Bome Network Pro, however for the Beta period you can try in for free.

On your question regarding channels, yes you can set incoming to any channel set to pp and the output to channel pp.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Thanks Steve,

Just final question. Will this (network pro) be considered an addon for those who already have Translator? Or would be a spearate purchase? I have no plans to purchase Bome Box. However, could you see any benfit for me other than unlimited ports? I already have LoopB. However, I would be willing to buy if there is a benefit.

By the way, I am looking forward to what Bome can do, given the MIDI limitations in most DAWs.

Graham

Hi,

Maybe you should stick with LoopBE for now if you don\'t need networking. You can always use the contact me form on Bome site to request discounts. The worst that will happen is the answer will be no. They are usually pretty reasonable about offering discounts for people with multiple products or licenses (no guarantees though).

PS. LoopBE is a MIDI Pipe only and does not have any routing features, although you can do some routing using MT Pro.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Thanks Steve,

Great adcvice.

Graham