Akai Apc Key 25 knob two component to Fader style

Good day all,

I been working on Akai APC 25 using a lot of code around here trying not to make a new thread but i and hitting a wall and could use some help.

I cant get my Knobs to change behavior from Two component to fader style
I Use FL Studio and when trying to set the knobs so it only see 1 or 127 this is not desired. Trying to set right knob to one bit turns.

Turning right will go up 1,2,3,4,5,7,8,9,10,1A,1B,1C,1D,…
Turning left goes down 1D,1C,1B,1A,10,9,8,7,6…

I thought

ga=ga+1

if ga<=127 then ga=127
if ga<=0 then ga=0

would work but I am a super beginner

Can anyone Help me out?

AKAI_APC_KEY25_TEST_TEMPLATE.bmtp (40.6 KB)

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

Hi, I don’t have a MK2. I have a MK1 which I think has the same CC numbers 48-55. What is the expected output in ‘two component mode’ and the expected output in ‘fader mode’. Are you trying to talk to a DAW as a Mackie MCU device?

I assume you want to use note 98 (62 hex) to put it into and out of shift mode based on your translators although it doesn’t look like you are changing the ‘Knobs’ preset.

I assume that the translators you want to affect without shift is preset 2 and with shift is preset 6.

In my case my MK 1 controller sends value of 7F for both note on and note off so I changed it to qq so this it would work with both mine and your controller.

I also added aliases as it will become more flexible if you move to other platforms.

You can learn more about aliases from this tutorial.

Also on presets 2,5, and 6, I set the MIDI device select for input ‘My APC Key 25’ and output ‘My Application’

For more information about device selection, see this tutorial.

Once you tell me what output you want with shift and without shift, I should be able to help further.

AKAI_APC_KEY25_TEST_TEMPLATE–sjc.bmtp (41.2 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Thank you for your reply sir.

It does not necessary need to be MCU device but if it makes thing easier to work with then sure. Really the goal is the have it work like a rotary encoder Allowing me to Assign it to any VOL UP or VOL DOWN movement on the 8 knobs inside my DAW

This will be used without the SHIFT key

I plan using the SHIFT hold presets for LED Button configuration and Testing

Thank you again

OK, I assume by the manual that the APC Key 25 is sending out relative encoders and you need to convert them to absolute.

I have modified translators 2.0 through 2.7 to do this using the global variables ga-gh. I did not check if you were using these global variables in your project so you may need to change which global variables you use so that they do not interfere with anything currently in use. I used the same outgoing CC as incoming just with absolute rather than relative values.

For preset 6 you will need to do similar and use even different global variables. You should probably use either different CC’s or on a different MIDI channel for these.

This tutorial shows you how it is done albeit the logic might be a bit different in the tutorial but with the same results.

AKAI_APC_KEY25_TEST_TEMPLATE-sjc-a.bmtp (43.4 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Thank you Very Much,

Because of your knob inputs I worked around your variables and recreated the table.

The knobs work as I hope it would inside FL Studio

Now its on to figuring out how to keep changes of LED’s i can change on the fly.

AKAI_APC_KEY_25_REWORK.bmtp (84.3 KB)

For LED feedback this tutorial might prove useful.

In your case, the intensity of the matrix will depend on which MID channel you send messages back to with MIDI CH 7 being the brightest. The note numbers will be 0-29 from bottom left to right top The velocity dictates the color.

This manual provides more details

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

A post was split to a new topic: Setting and saving LED colors - APC Key25 MK2