Akai APC40 toggle led

Hello everybody. I have an akai Apc40 to use with a lighting control software. I need a simply bome midi traslator file that makes the led of the pressed pad light up and when it is pressed again it turns off. like a light switch. Thanks to those who will help me’.

I leave the link of the document of akai
Akai Apc40 - COMMUNICATION PROTOCOL DOCUMENT

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

The below example demonstrates how to toggle Row 7 Column 1.

First of all, we put the APC40 into momentary mode 2 as shown on pages 7 and 8 of the APC40 Communication document that you posted. This will allow Bome MIDI Translator Pro (MT Pro) to have complete control of the LED lights. This is done when the APC40 is plugged in as shown in translator 0.3, the project is opened (as shown in translator 0.0, or the keystroke Cntl(Up) is pressed as shown in translator 0.1. They all fire the timer “Init” which sends the initialization MIDI message to the APC40.
In addtion, the global variable “ga” is set as shown in translator 0.2. This value will be toggled every time you push the button on Row 7 column 1.

Translator 1.1 toggles the value of “ga” and sends the message to your lighting applcation.

Translator 2.1 will send the value of “ga” back to your controller to light or un-light the pad. You can send back a different value back to your controller for different colors. Right now we just send value of 127 which will make the color green for on and value of 0 for off which will be LED off.

0=off, 1=green, 2=green blink, 3=red, 4=red
blink, 5=yellow, 6=yellow blink, 7-127=green

You would need a different global variable for each pad.

APC-40-toggle-demo.bmtp (2.5 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz
Hi Steve, thank you for your reply and for your interest. Unfortunately I'm not a programmer and I can't understand the program you sent me. I tried to run it and it works, but only for one key (As you pointed me out). Could you make me a program by stripping the leading part of the Ctrl(Up) so that when I plug in the akai controller, it will run automatically. Could you create the program for all the other pads?

Infinitely thank you.

Matthias.

Hi Matthias. Unfortunately free Bome support on this forum is to show you examples and do coaching on how to customize Bome project and not offer full solutions for customers. With that said, I personally offer my services on a fee basis for doing more than what is offered on this forum. If you are interested in paid services please email or PM me. For me, since I have an APC40 MKII (not MK1), it would take a bit longer as I would need to set up a test jig with my MKII to emulate a MK1.

Alternatively if another user has already done this and is kind enough to share his or her efforts, you might be able to search this forum and find an existing project that meets your needs.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz