Akai Pro APC MINI MK2 LED Toggle

Hi @schnorps.werner ,

Sorry, I inadvertently disapproved your post so I’m re-posting it here:

Hello to the community, I am using an Akai apc mini mk2 to use the SoundSwitch DMX control. I previously translated the midi signals with another tool and adjusted the color of the pads.
However, I have now switched to Bome and have also adapted the color of the pads. Everything works wonderfully and I’m annoyed that I didn’t buy Bome sooner.
For example, I have created a 4x8 pad matrix where I can select 8 loops from 4 columns each, the inactive pads are dimmed to 20 percent. The currently active pad flashes. If I select a new pad in the matrix, it flashes and the previous one is dimmed. Then there is a 4x2 matrix and a 4x3 matrix and some single buttons in my layout. I set this up with 64 translators.

Now to my question: (I’m sure it’s already been answered somewhere, but I can’t find it)

If I press an already active button again, the active loop in the lighting software is stopped. However, the pad continues to flash.

Some of the software’s single buttons are in momentary mode, others in toggle mode.
The pads send a note on and when released, a note off.
How do I achieve a toggle mode for the pad lighting?

In the tool I used before, there was an A/B state in which the colors could be defined when the pad was active/inactive. But I could not filter out the point where that was defined.

Many thanks in advance

Norbert

Hi,

There are two possible issues here.

1. The lighting software does not send MIDI information back to the controller
  2. The lighting software is sending information back but the wrong data.

I suggest you select a MIDI port in from your lighting software and then open the log window to see if your lighting software is sending data and if so what data is being sent. If it is sending data, we may be able to put translators to make your pads work the way you want. If it is not sending data, then we will need to handle LED feedback within Bome MIDI Translator Pro (MT Pro). If we need to handle it locally by MT Pro then there is a risk the status of the lighting software will not be in sync with your controller.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Hello, not only my question was rejected, but also my account was put on hold. Well, I now have a new account. :wink:

It is true that the Soundswitch software does not provide a visible MIDI port, the controller elements such as pads, encoders and faders are mapped from this software.
That’s why there is no feedback. Soundswitch makes a controller itself (Soundswitch One), and even there it is a one-way street. You should not operate the Soundswitch software and the controller mixed.
The only question I ask is, how do I achieve that a button at the 1. Pressing lights up, and at the 2nd Press is dimmed.
96 38 48 sets brightness (bright), number of the pad (1. Row, 1. Column seen from the top left) and color (red).
9B 38 48 makes this pad flash red. 91 38 48 is dimmed red.

Tia

I think you got blocked by the system since it saw you were typing to fast. Not sure how that all works. I’m glad you were able to create a new account!

The attached project file should give you want you need.

First I created aliases as follows:

You can learn more about aliases from this tutorial.

Then I created a MIDI through path to the application so that the MIDI data coming from the controller to the application will be untouched.

I set up appropriate MIDI routing.

For more information about device selection, see this tutorial.

Finally I created one translator with rules to handle the note conversion back to the controller. I toggle the value of global variable ga.

ga=ga^1
qq=72
// bright
oo=150
// dim use 0x9b for flash
if ga==0 then oo=145

Here is the project file:
APC-MINI-MK2-Two-State-LED-Example.bmtp (1.3 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

1 Like

Thank you, that already works with one button and i understood the princip. does that mean that i have to copy and adapt this translator with the rules for each button or note? I have already used the pp, qq, rr, ss and tt variables in 3 translators in these presets to split CC and Note On and Note Off to other channels.

I’ll keep experimenting, thank you very much!

Hi,

Local variables oo, pp, qq, rr, ss, tt, uu, vv, ww, xx (10 total) can be used on multiple translators and for the most part do not interfere with the same local variable with the same name on another translator. However they will NOT retain their value between events so you cannot toggle them as I demonstrated. Consider them for temporary use within the translator.

By contrast, global variables are shared between translators so for things like toggling or changing values you can use them but since they are shared, you will need different ones for each translator.

You can read more about variable types and their use in the user manual on page 87. You can also access the manual within Bome MIDI Translator Pro by using the help manual or pressing F1. It will open up as a PDF file.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

1 Like