Allen&Heath QU series control

Newcomer Question. I’m very happy doing live sound with my QU-SB on stage and the companion iPad app (QU-Pad) in the middle of the audience via WIFI. But, is it possible to hardwire a Presonus Faderport 8 or any Behringer x-touch to the iPad to mirror most functions to real motorfaders/knobs?
Reading through the forums I found no out of the box solution, but any hint would be appreciated. And please have in mind I never did any MIDI-programing before. THX.

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

I don’t thing the Allen and Heath has MIDI DIN port but I think it has USB and network MIDI connectivity.

For USB MIDI, yes you can use Bome MIDI Translator Pro to translator messages for use with the SQ series.

You can also use their network protocol if you use the ethernet connectivity but you would need a BomeBox or similar software on your computer to send the MIDI over the network. Again you would use Bome MIDI Translator Pro to do the MIDI translation.

The MIDI Protocol for the QU-SB cab be found here which would show what can be done with MIDI.

You might find people that have already posted some translation examples for the QU and/or SQ series on this board. I remember helping a few people with this.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Thank you for the quick reply. Do you think the setup in my sketch will work? Mixer, WIFI and iPad are running. I want to expand with a Bome Box and a motorfader unit.
Greetings Helfried

Yes this should work. Initially, you will need to setup or project file on a computer, but once it is working, you will be able to move your project to BomeBox. BomeBox will, however required that MIDI the Translator Pro
project is fully licensed to use it there.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Thanks. Wish you a nice sunday. Helfried