Allen & Heath SQ to control Atem Mini / SDI

Hi, do I understand correctly that the BomeBox will allow me to set up faders on an SQ series console to control the fader levels on a BMD Atem Mini or Atem SDI without the need for a PC once configured?

What I ideally want to do is use a bank of faders to control the audio levels on the Atem unit so I can have all my audio controlled on the one audio console. Yes, I realise the SQ won’t actually be processing the audio on the Atem, it’s just level control via Midi I am after.

Thank you.

I’m not sure if the SQ can control the ATEM MINI. If it can, and we know that with the right project file that BomeBox can can control the SQ, then perhaps this would work. I don’t know the network protocol the ATEM MINI uses.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Hmmmm, will have to do some more digging. I understand the Atem is meant to accept Mackie MCU Midi, so I assumed it was a case of mapping SQ midi channels to Atem midi channels? I’m based in New Zealand, do you know if anyone over here stocks Bome products that might be interested in loaning a demo unit?

If Bome box can achieve what I am trying to do, I would buy 10 of them, but I don’t really want to invest in a load of gear to find the control doesn’t work the way I need it to.

The ATEM MINI uses it’s own network software protocol. You would need an application that converts MIDI to the protocol that the ATEM uses (which is not Mackie MCU) and the application would likely run on a PC or Mac or may an Arduino. I think there might be some libraries out there but nothing that runs on BomeBox.

I’m not sure who has a BomeBox that they would loan you. The closest distributor would be in Australia. Here is our current list of distributors.

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz

Perhaps the audio functions of the ATEM are Mackie MCU but certainly not the ATEM switching functions.

I just noticed a youtube video showing moving faders with a nanoKontrol2 in Mackie MCU mode.