APC 40 MKII - Remap certain buttons to be toggles

Hi and welcome to the Bome community!

Yes, this can be done. First you would need to make sure your APC-40MKII is in Mode 2 by sending the following System Exclusive message to it while it is attached. You would use “Raw MIDI” as output.

F0 47 7f 29 60 00 04 42 09 07 01 f7 

Now, everything on your controller will be momentary. The grid buttons should not be affected because they are momentary in all modes.

Now you will need to us MT Pro to manually toggle the output and if your DAW does not support MIDI feedback to also update the LED’s.

The attached project does this. If your application does not provide proper feedback for the button I programmed, then you will need to enable preset 2.

I’ve set up MIDI thru paths for any unprogrammed translators in the MIDI router.

I also set up aliases as shown here.

Attached is the project file with the one example button. I use the global variable ga as a toggle as shown in translator 1.1 rules

// toggle ga

ga=ga^1
// set default local variable qq
qq=0
// change it to 127
if ga==1 then qq=127

I have other translators that handle project initialization in the “Init” preset such as sending the Sys-EX message on project open, or when the controller becomes available.

APC-40-toggle-demo.bmtp (2.5 KB)

Steve Caldwell
Bome Customer Care

Also available for paid consulting services: bome@sniz.biz